Thursday, July 16, 2009

Happy Birthday Cupcake...

Nightie night all. Didn't realize how late it was, time to head for the bed. Before I do however, I'll post a real quickie (I think).

Lately I've noticed birthdays are popping up all around us. I love just going through my stash of cards and pulling one out. But...this last time, I had none. None for "boys", that is. I don't know about you all but, I have the hardest time creating "boy" cards. It's sooooo easy for me, when it comes to girls but boys...YIKES! So, I took a shot at it and this is what I came up with.
Okay, well...let's say, I'm gettin' closer (lol). At least with these colors this card can be given to either gender. Anyhow, making this card was fun. I used the set "Cupcakes" from Hero Arts. The cupcake, candles, and sentiments are all part of this fun set. I loved it. As a matter of fact, the buttons are too, from Hero Arts. As for the DS paper, it's part of a premium pad from DCWV and the markers used for coloring are SU!
To add a little pazazz...I paper pieced the paper cup, completely covered the orange frosting with lacquer glass, and used some colored glass beads as the sprinkles on the cupcake. Once the lacquer and beads set in, IRL, it's really pretty. I finished it by adding some pop dots behind the image, elevating it. As for the candles, to give it some glare, I added stickles to each one, flame and all.
Here's the side view from another angle.
This is the inner part of the card. Again the sentiment and candles are both from this cupcake set.

Okay, that's it for now. Thank you, thank you, thank you for popping in. I will see you tomorrow. Till then have a very blessed evening. Aloha and God bless~

hugs in Jesus~

10 comments:

de said...

Love your card Rina! So festive!

Janis said...

Loving your ideas Rina. The creative flow must definitely be back with you. Thank you for always sharing your ideas. Have a wonderful weekend.

Rita said...

Awe this is so darn adorable Rina! I luv the inside too!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very cute card!!

Joy said...

great cupcake card! for a boy or a girl! love all the sparkle and beads! this came out so sweet! TFS and have a blessed weekend!

Michelle Alejandro said...

Super cute! Love how you stamped the inside too! Good to see you back in the blogging world!

Hugs,
Michelle

Teri said...

Love your card! The sprinkles make the cupcake look so yummy!

Kyoko said...

Such a HAPPY card Rina! I love how you added all the bling for the cupcake, and boy you even dolled up the inside! LOVE IT!

Take Care and have a great weekend!

Little C's Creations said...

Oh that cupcake looks sooo delish, sister!!! Yumm-Y!!! This could go on the SSH blog too, as Hero Arts are sold in stores we represent. =0)

Blessings,
Jen

Risa said...

Your cupcake card is so cute and yummy! I love it!
hugs
Risa:)